http://iloilocondominiums.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/iam-iloilo.png 200 202 admin http://iloilocondominiums.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/iloilo-condominiums-logo1.png admin2014-12-29 15:09:092015-07-01 10:08:52Iloilo Projects and Development: Year In Review
These are city developments, achievements, projects, and motions in 2014 that could directly impact Metro Iloilo’s economy in the next coming years.
- Lafayette Park Square, 2nd residential condominium project in Megaworld’s Iloilo Business Park, officially announced.
- Global Business Power Corp. (GBPC) announced that it was expanding its 164-megawatt coal-powered plant in Iloilo in anticipation of an increase in power demand arising from the continued economic growth in the city and province.
- A Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) was signed between the Iloilo City Government and a Korean firm for the establishment of the first solid waste-to-energy project within the Calajunan dumpsite in Iloilo City.
- The Parola ferry terminal project announced.
- The groundbreaking rites of the Iloilo Convention Center was held at the Megaworld property in Mandurriao district.
- Around 1000 bikers, from Iloilo City and nearby provinces, joined in the much-anticipated 1st Iloilo Bike Festival held at Megaworld’s 72-hectare Iloilo Business Park in Mandurriao District which would soon become the official home of the festival until 2014.
- The Iloilo Fishing Port Complex at Tanza St. in Iloilo City invited investors for public private partnership or full private investments following the expansion of the existing fish processing capacity.
- Robinsons Land Corporation (RLC) officially announced plans of opening Robinsons Place Jaro.
- “Iloilo Means Business” summit was held at the Intercontinental Hotel in Makati City. At the summit, power projects dominated the commitments.
- A proposed 510-hectare reclamation project was unveiled by the Iloilo city and provincial governments
- The Light of Peace 2014 held in Savannah City, Oton sets a new Guinness World Record of “Largest Flaming Image of Words” for the Philippines.
- Megaworld allots PHP 5 billion for Iloilo BPO and IT office towers.
- Construction of the 135 megawatts Coal Fired Power Plant of Palm Concepcion Power Corporation (PCPC) in Sitio Puntales, Brgy. Nipa, Concepcion in full swing.
- One Spatial Iloilo, a 10-storey two-tower residential project, announced.
- The Provincial Government of Iloilo announced that it will be pouring in P22 million for the development of the Iloilo Sports Complex.
- City lone district Representative Jerry P. Treñas assured restoration Iloilo City heritage sites.
- Iloilo Business Park Ground Breaks One Madison Place Tower One.
- One Techno Place and Two Techno Place, BPO Towers in Iloilo Business Park, officially announced by Andrew Tan to be constructed.
- 2 of 5 City Mall Commercial Centers in Iloilo announced to start
- 7-Eleven opens 5 stores in Iloilo City — Assumption Iloilo, La Fiesta Hotel, Western Visayas College of Science of Technology, Uptown Place, and INJAP Tower. Branches in Plaza Lapaz and Jaro would soon follow.
- Inauguration of the Iloilo River Plains Subdivision Phase I
- McDonald’s Iloilo Business Park, the largest in Panay, officially opens.
- The four-lane and 14-kilometer circumferential road around Iloilo City as well as its four component bridges were opened for public use.
- Injap Tower Hotel and Uptown Place Condominium officially opens
- Megaworld Center Mall and Festive Walk in Iloilo Business Park proudly announces that construction is on track.
- The construction of a multi-purpose reservoir dam of the P11-billion peso Jalaur River Multi-Purpose Project (JRMP) Stage II is being considered.
- The Iloilo International Airport in Cabatuan, Iloilo would receive about PHP 14 billion for repairs and expansion of the facility in time for the country’s hosting of Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) ministerial meetings in 2015.
- The National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP) has formally declared Calle Real as a heritage zone.
- Groundbreaking ceremony for Seda Atria Park District, a 153-room hotel in Iloilo City.
- Ateneo de Iloilo Phase 2 Expansion unveiled.
- The Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP) has extended a P56-million term loan as part of its continued assistance to real estate projects that address the rising demand for housing in Iloilo City.
- Megaworld announced to build The Palladium, the ‘tallest residential tower’ in Western Visayas.
- BPO Giant, StarTek, inaugurates as the first Call Center company to operate in Iloilo Business Park. Two Global Center in Iloilo Business Park, a PEZA accredited building, houses the company.
- QualiMed opened the first phase of its hospital – the specialty women’s and children’s facility.
- SM City Iloilo gears up for expansion and development. Condo, Hotels, and BPO Tower considered.
- Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) approved a P180-million fund for the Dumangas’ port’s improvement which includes the expansion of the pier by 100 meter.
- Pact is signed to Develop Sicogon into tourist destination.
- Construction of Richmonde Hotel and Courtyard by Marriott Hotel and rest of the developments at Iloilo Business Park in full swing.
- 7-Eleven branch in Alta Tierra, Jaro opens on Christmas day.
- Plazuela Dos groundbreaking ceremony held
- Negosyo Center opens in Iloilo City.
- International doughnut store Krispy Kreme opened its 59th store in SM City Iloilo.
A lot of projects not listed here are ongoing and countless more are lined up. Road projects, power & water supply, and flood control are observed to be the priority of the government of Iloilo City.